Test title 2
The Carlton Shearwater Hotel & C Spa is the only four star hotel located in the historical town of Ballinasloe, Co. Galway. Situated in the heart of Ireland and known as the Gateway to the West; this Galway hotel has so much to offer our Gathering visitors.
The Carlton Shearwater Hotel & C Spa would be proud to host your Gathering event in Galway. We welcome you to visit the hotel with our preferred offering of Bed & Breakfast from only €49pps, a tailored dining experience to suit your event and an Irish Coffee demonstration and tasting for all Gathering events hosted at the hotel.
There are many events happening near the Carlton Shearwater Hotel for 'The Gathering' including;
- Ballinasloe Homecoming 23rd - 25th August: A weekend of music and entertainment in Ballinasloe town's pubs and hotels. There will be many acts throughout the town on Friday and Saturday and a final dance will be hosted on Sunday afternoon. Everyone is invited to be involved with special activities throughout the day time over the weekend including boat trips and water sports on the marina.
- Aer Lingus International Hurling Event 18th - 21st September: Aer Lingus in association with Ethiad Airways is inviting teams from all over the world to compete in the first ever International Hurling Festival. The best hurlers from North America, the UK, Continental Europe, Asia, Australia and Canada will descend on Galway for a three day festival of ceol, craic and culture, as well as the first hurling competition of its kind.
- The month will kick start with the World Famous Great October Horse Fair & Festival 28th Sept to 6th October which has been a traditional gathering for well over 300 years.
- 11th to 13th October: Ballinasloe will host an International Darts Tournament inviting teams from overseas to compete and enjoy a weekend of fun and entertainment.
- East Galway Hidden Heritage Conference 18th to 20th October: Three days of fascinating lectures from renowned Historians and University Lecturers. These presentations will range from the Natural Heriatge of East Galway, The Demise of the Big House, The Story of The Work House to name but a few.
- An Sluá Mór Drama Festival Weekend 23rd to 26th October: More details to follow soon.